NewsWhip- Perfect for my classroom

My students love to consume the latest news and report back to the group about what items interest them. Now I have the perfect app to do such activities conveniently.

NewsWhip

NewsWhip is a free aggregation app which I highly recommend. I can see NewsWhip becoming a regular source for my morning browsing of news and consumption of what is trending. 

NewsWhip claims that it sources material from over "a billion people on Facebook and Twitter". I found out about the iOS app from The Gaurdian's App Blog Post by Stuart Dredge. NewsWhip also has a website.

What I like about NewsWhip
  • Awesome Interface: NewsWhip's design allows for you to easily change what type of news you want to view.
  • Multiple news categories: With tabs for WorldWide which displays news from around the globe, Places which allows you to choose a specific country for your news to be sourced from and Topics from view you can browse news by topics.
  • Unique content: all the major mainstream news items appear on NewsWhip but you also get some unique gems that won't feature on your other news sources.

Classroom Usage

NewsWhip offers classrooms an easy way to browse the news as it does not require a sign up or linkage to your social media accounts. 
Best of all it is completely free!





No comments:

Post a Comment